The 35 5 SQUIRREL is the ideal machine for orchards because of its robust construction and many features. The 35 5 model is designed primarily for picking and pruning trellised orchards. With the SQUIRRELs side swing cage (rotated left or right) the operator can comfortably pick as the SQUIRREL is driven straight down the row of a trellised orchard, even on steep terrain.
Machinery and feature
- large 8:1 reduction gearbox with an integrated hydraulic motor and incorporate fail safe multi-disc wet brakes as standard.
- These brakes work when driving down a slope and eliminates creep and overrun.
- Hubs have quick spring loaded disengage freewheeling as standard.
- large tapered wheel bearings & cogs; the hub is twice the weight of our competitors.
- Special seals on the brake piston for long life.
- Custom made hydraulic motors are fitted to give very high torque at low speed with 250 bar seals.
- SQUIRRELs are fitted with special valving that give a soft start and stop, greatly reducing the jerky effect that other cherry pickers have.
Fully enclosed engine compartment
For security the bonnets are lockable and swing forward to give easy access for servicing. Space is available under cover to store tools and wet weather clothing.
Engine is petrol driven, electric with back-up rope start and heavy duty starter solenoid. The engine base is supported on compression springs which eliminate vibration.
Powerful Hydraulic System
Hydraulics have the capacity to handle steep and adverse conditions. The system is protected by a very fine 10 micron suction filter. The steel braid hydraulic hoses are fitted with spring guards to ensure long life.
The SQUIRREL 35 5 is compact with a low profile, ideal for narrow orchard rows with overhanging branches.
Large Caster Wheel
Caster wheel is a single large tyre, providing excellent flotation and smooth ride in adverse conditions. Horizontal pivot has a large self lubricating replaceable bush.
Hydraulic Three Speed
Three speed is a standard feature which operates independently from the variable engine rpm, enabling the operator to select a wide range of speeds for faster operation and traveling.
Big Fuel Tanks
SQUIRREL engine is fitted with a mechanical fuel pump and has a 55 litre steel fuel tank.
- There are no features available